Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How many babies will there be?

Well the answer to that question is there is just one baby. WOOHOO. Now don't get me wrong, I would have been fine with two I just think that for right now one baby would be best. Steven was so sweet watching the sonogram. He just sat there smiling like a goon, but I am pretty sure I looked pretty gooney too. It was great watching the little flutter of the heart. It makes you realize how small you are in this world and how great the power of God is. He put this tiny baby in my belly and is allowing me to carry his gift. Its truly awesome. Steven and I will not take this gift for granted and will do all we can to raise this child in a house that has lots of love for God and each other. Oh I am also not as far along as I was on my counter, I am only about 6.5 weeks along so I might be able to be there for the TAKS test. Yeah!

9 comments:

kt said...

Told you I'd check back. Double would have been good, single is just fine. Glad all went well. Karen T.

Corbitt Family said...

Glad your little bean is doing well! One is a great start :)

The Doty's Dish said...

we are so happy for y'all...you know once you get pregnant, the odds that you will have twins the next pregnancy go up...so something to look forward to. i guess 9 months at a time though!

Mindi said...

I just found out that you have a blog. Addison is very sad that her best friend didn't even tell her...

Melissa said...

YEAH! I'm so glad to hear the little one is healthy! Praise God for healthy heartbeats!

Silverthornes said...

It is the one of the greatest gifts!!
Well said you silly goon! And sarcasm is noted in your comment about the TAKS test. By the way, I think you and Steven are going to make the BEST & FUNNEST PARENTS EVER!

Bevin said...

Hey! How are you feeling?? Cooper is missing you on Thursdays and Fridays!!

Amy Porter said...

I just found your blog!! How fun...another one to stalk! :) I'm so glad that everything is going well!! We missed you last night at small group! hang in there...the tiredness does go away (until they're born!) :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! I haven't seen you, so I guess blogworld will have to do. I am so so so excited that ya'll will be having a sweet little baby! Woo hoo!!!