Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cakes, Vacations, and Blue Steel

Cakes
So I have tried my hand at making cakes for my family. I know that I am just a beginner and not all that great but I have gotten better. The best so far is Steven's 26th birthday cake. I made the mistake of telling him that I was going to make him a cake shaped like his favorite Cubs hat. Well after a lot of thinking and planning, I DID IT!! So here are some of my cakes...




My sisters 30th birthday cake











My dad's birthday cake











Steven's 26th birthday cake
Vacation

Not so long ago Steven and I ventured out into the hill country for vacation. It was AWESOME!!! We had so much fun. We went to the Alamo, Schlitterbahn, floated the river, the wax museume, the outlets, and to see several movies. We were so relaxed and I slept more than I ever have. (I didn't realize that I was Pregnant at the time though) So here are some pictures from our adventures.





Ah, The Alamo. I had never been. It was pretty stinking cool.










This is our wonderful cabin. It was small, but it was all we needed and for a whole week costing $450 you can't beat it.






I had not idea Steven loved Oprah so much.











Hands down the most interesting place we ate on vacation. Yes your eyes are right, not only is it the House of Pizza but it is Chinese Cuisene! Despite the name it was actually good. I would go again if I had the chance.

BLUE STEEL


This is my absolute favorite picture of my nephew Chase. He looks like he is doing the famous Zoolander modeling pose "Blue Steel"



2 comments:

The Doty's Dish said...

I love Blue Steel...and your cakes! blogging is fun huh?!

Silverthornes said...

love the cakes! Seriously impressive. You are a pro! I will be calling you towards the end of the month for Bryan's birthday ;)
Oh, and tell Chase there is more to life than being really, really good looking.