Tuesday, August 18, 2009

UGH!!!

I love my child so much but this morning was very rough for me. Last night Parker went down at 6:30 instead of 8:00. I knew this wouldn't be good for the morning but I didn't want to try to keep him up because if he needs to sleep he needs to sleep. Well he woke up at 3:45 this morning ready to eat. He usually will wake up around 7. So I dragged myself out of bed and gave him a bottle. He drank most of it and slept till about 6. Thankfully Steven went and got him and took him to the livingroom to play so I could get a little more sleep. I do not know what was wrong but something just wasn't suiting Parker. I could hear him fussing from the bedroom so I got up to help Steven. Between the two of us we could not figure out what was wrong. We both burped him and that didn't do anything to soothe him. If we put him down he would cry. If we even sat down with him he would cry. He wasn't hungry and so I thought his teeth might be hurting so I gave him a small dose of Tylenol. I hate just giving him Meds but I didn't know what else to do. Steven had already gone to work by this point and I was on my own. Well about 15 minutes after the meds and 15 more minutes of standing and walking with him, I decided to try some gripe water. When I gave him the gripe water he just about fell asleep as he drank. Then it dawned on me that he was still tired and was fighting sleep as hard as he could. I tried to put him in his crib earlier but he wasn't having any of that. I knew that wouldn't work so I tried the bouncy chair...no luck. I was running out of options. I said a small prayer, crossed my fingers, hoped the planets were all aligned and put him in his swing. He tried to fuss but i put his passy in his mouth (which he finally took) and 5 seconds later sweet quiet peace filled my house. I would go back to sleep but I have consumed so much coffee I probably couldn't go to sleep if someone knocked me over the head. So I will just sit and enjoy my quiet for as long as it will last.

No comments: