Thursday, August 20, 2009

mystery of the cranky baby solved!!

So my after my post the other day, I thought things were getting better. Boy was I ever wrong. Parker cried ALL day. I felt so helpless and frustrated. Nothing I was doing was helping him. When I would stand and hold him it would get better most of the time but after a while my arms were jelly so I had to put him down. It was awful not being able to comfort him. Well Steven got home and helped me out but he had to go to his men's softball game. Luckily Susan and BJ came over to help. They were amazing! They brought me dinner and held Parker so I could have a break. I was so thankful I almost cried. (I think the frustrations of the day helped with the urge to cry.) When Steven got home, he put Parker to bed and I took a MUCH needed relaxing bath. The next day he was so much better. I even left him with my sister to go to the dentist. I felt better leaving him with her just in case he got really fussy. Around mid afternoon it all started all over again. He hadn't taken a good nap all day and I kinda knew it was coming. He cried and cried. I tried everything. I knew something was wrong with him because he is Never like this. I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. I ended up standing with him for over an hour and a half just so he would sleep peacefully. I finally had to put him down and ten minutes he woke up. He was better for a while but then when we put him to bed the fussiness was back. Steven said it was because he was fighting sleep. I knew that wasn't all it was. Well this morning I figured it out. He is constipated!! I never thought I would be so happy about that. At least now I know what it is and I can help him. WOOHOO!! I just want my little boy to feel better.

1 comment:

drewcorbitt said...

The girls had the same problem...big time. Suppositories work wonders. Just be ready...they work fast.