Monday, October 12, 2009

6 months, or in math terms 1/2 year!

I cannot believe that Parker is 6 months old!! He has been such a joy to be around. Even when he is cranky he is still pretty happy. He weighs 19.5 lbs and 29.5 inches long. He is in the 99.5% for height. He is getting so big. He loves to eat food and wants to eat our food. I give him what I can and even though he has only 2 teeth he is pretty good at chewing. I recently blended frozen strawberries and lemonade for him and it was a big hit. I feel pretty good about giving that to him because its pretty much just fruit and not a lot of sugar. He can sit all by himself and balance pretty well. He only falls occasionally now. He can roll over both ways and he loves to 'talk'. He goes with me still to ACA and really enjoys that. We have started him on a sippy cup. That's going OK. He can hold his bottles by himself and he can drink from the cup but when I try to help him, he doesn't want the cup anymore. Go figure. We only have one problem....sleep. He was sleeping all through the night for a LONG time then a couple weeks ago he began waking. Now he is up every hour. Putting his paci seems to do the trick but as soon as it falls out we are up again putting it back in. So today I have begun not giving him a paci during sleep times and we are going to start a firm bedtime schedule. I got this from a book called the sleep sense program. A couple of friends of ours used it and they really liked it. I am really willing to try anything. It worked great for nap time. Parker cried for 10 minutes and then was out. He has been asleep for 45 minutes (which lately is wonderful) and is still going strong! I will keep everyone updated. Here are some recent pictures of our boy!





Cole and Parker playing at small group











My little ham
Carmen and Parker

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

He is so cute! Love the update!

Pam said...

He is precious Amanda....going to have a personality like his mom! Thanks for sharing! Pam

TexasNeals said...

the sleep thing is such a challenge. just when you think you've got things figured out something happens and you feel like you're back to square one. sounds like you're getting a handle on it though. hopefully once he gets used to not needing his paci he'll sleep through the night again. a well rested momma is a happy momma! ;)