Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wolverine underwear and Biker Chicks!

This weekend Parker had his first big road trip!! We went to Austin to my cousin Andy's wedding. This was a pretty big deal. My Aunt Teresa died this past October and one of the things she wanted was that her boys marry thier girlfriends. Well, Russell the youngest boy married in May and Andy married this weekend. I know that she would have been so proud. It does my heart good to see them happy and married. I love both of my cousins so much and wish them all the happiness in the world. Their new wives fit into the family so well and are absolutely perfect for their husbands. I couldn't have picked better people for them if i would have tried. I just wish my aunt could have been there, but I know she peeked down from Heaven to see them.
Well now to tell you about the Wolverine underwear. When we went to Austin on Friday, Parker and I road down with my mom, her husband Jackie, my granny, Angela (my sister), and my nephew Chase. Well about an hour into the trip my nephew told me about his new underwear. He was so proud! Let's face it, who wouldn't be if they had Wolverine undies!! All of the sudden he said he wanted to call Steven and tell him about them. I thought this would be so funny to listen to so I dialed the number and gave him the phone. I probably should have put the speaker on because when Chase told the person on the phone about his underwear I thought it was Steven. Um...It was not! Turns out it was the receptionist Valerie at Stevens work. I can only imagine what she thought when she answered the phone and the voice on the other end said, "I have Wolverine Underwear!" I do love my nephew!!!!
Biker chicks:
It turns out that the same weekend as Andy's wedding there was a HUGE biker rally!! Boy if you ever have the option to go to Austin for a wedding the same weekend as a biker rally I would suggest you go!! The profanities and motorcycle engines practically sang me to sleep at about 2 am Saturday morning. The smell of stale cigarettes and vomit on the way to a continental breakfast sure makes you hungry. Oh and there are some good looking biker chicks out there. If i haven't said it before, I will say it now....I love ladies in leather that is 4X's too small when it is 100 degrees outside. That is SEXY! I swear if they weren't so scary looking I would have knocked down every Harley in the La Quinta Inn's parking lot that next morning.

1 comment:

kt said...

Love reading your blog! Karen